It’s September and to me that means pumpkin everything. My bathrooms have been stocked with Pumpkin Spice soap, there is pumpkin spice house spray, I’ve stocked my Keurig tray with Pumpkin Spice coffee, and this week I made pumpkin muffins…
While these might not be the healthiest, they were SO easy to make, and honestly, I’m not really one to count calories…
- one box of Yellow Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker, but any brand will do)
- one 15 oz. can of 100% pure pumpkin
Seriously, that is it. Two ingredients!
I do think that they probably could have used a touch of cinnamon.
I did add chia seeds to the batter of half of them and oatmeal to the top of the other half.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix the batter and the pumpkin to remove lumps
- Add any extra stuff (chocolate chips, cinnamon, chia seeds, etc.), mix well
- Use a 12-ct. muffin pan with the metal liners; fill 3/4 full
- Add any toppings you may want (cinnamon-sugar topping, oatmeal, granola, etc.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. (I was using an electric oven and started checking with a fork at 20 minutes.)
They turned out really good. They are very moist. Just sweet and vanilla-y enough. They’d be just right with some cinnamon…