I’m trying out a new post for the blog… If it works, it works, if it doesn’t, it doesn’t. Guess I’ll post and find out.
I know most of you are reading my blog because I run. And I love that. While running is a very large portion of my life, there is a lot more that goes into my everyday. If you’re investing your time by reading my blog, wouldn’t you want to know more about the person whose doing all that running? What about the time that I’m not running? The monthly Run-Down will give you a little taste of my other interests, although I’m sure running will be involved as it does take up a large amount of my time. Check out this month’s Run-Down of things I’m loving, wanting, wearing, activities I’m doing, books I’m reading, etc. and you’ll see… maybe you’ll find something that interests you.
1. Compression Running Shorts.
Seriously, one of the best inventions ever. I love the regular running shorts, but these things literally feel like I have nothing on. No fabric is moving, nothing is getting caught on branches, and they’re just plain comfortable. End of story. Target
has them for $14.00 as of 8/10/13.
2. The 5th Wave
, by Rick Yancey. Next book
on my reading list. I plan on starting and finishing it at the beach this week. This book fits right into my favorite genre; I have a weird thing for dystopias. I love reading people’s own creative ideas about how the world could end up or what it’s like in an alternate universe… For the alternate universe side of things, check out the book Crewel
by Gennifer Albin.
3. Je dois pratiquer mon français. I took four semesters of French in college and while I can still read it and for the most part understand, speaking the language and listening to the language have all but left me. I used to be able to have full conversations with my professor and classmates and write 3 page essays in decent French. I don’t want to lose what I already have so I plan to start listening to “Learn French” books on tape in my car. Bonne chance à moi!
4. WEI to Go Ideal Skin Perfect Finish CC Cream
. Best tinted moisturizer
I’ve tried. I found this product last fall and am still convinced it’s the best thing out there. I have very sensitive skin and this didn’t cause any irritation or break-outs. It’s light and it isn’t cakey like most foundations. In fact, this isn’t a foundation, but it’s what I use instead of foundation. I think the coverage is just enough. It doesn’t look like you’re wearing makeup, but if you have a spot here or there, it still covers nicely. Perfect for the hot summer months.
5. Skeleton print.
Call me creepy, but I’m just really into bones lately. I really want a skeleton print something
, shirt, tank, or hey, how cool would skeleton compression pants be? Especially for fall races! And not skull and crossbones. I want legit skeleton bones. Ask me why and I couldn’t tell you. My brain just likes it. Who knows?!
6. Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee. I have officially been bitten by the fall bug. I was getting coffee at WaWa this morning on my way to work and I overheard the employees talking about what they were getting in next week… I had to ask about the Pumpkin Spice, it’s my favorite. AUGUST 18th!!! For anybody who has a WaWa locally, just know that they will be starting to serve their much loved Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee on Sunday, August 18. These people better not have been pulling my leg. You better believe that I will be there on Sunday morning ready for my coffee. It’s the day I get back from vacation and what a way to be welcomed home!
7. VACATION! Heading to my home away from home, Hatteras, NC, in the Outer Banks tomorrow evening for a much needed week away. I am like a kid on Christmas morning right now. I may have the best long run ever tomorrow morning due to my anxiety to get down there! I live by the beach already, but going away to the beach just has a different appeal… probably because work is not involved whatsoever. Can’t wait to take some runs on the beach and through the beach neighborhoods.
8. Drawing/Painting. If you’ve been reading the blog for awhile, you know that I am part reader, part runner, and part artist/art lover. This past year has been so packed with training and graduating and applying to grad school that I have had zero time to let my creative juices flow. I have an awful itch and I plan to scratch it. Ehh, so what? I’m cheesy sometimes.
Want to see some of my art? 1
9. Lana del Rey. I don’t know if I’ll ever be tired of hearing her music. I’ve been listening since Born to Die came out and I bought the Great Gatsby CD as soon as I saw that she and Florence & the Machine had songs on it. Recently audiobooks have been taking over my car radio and I finally finished the pile in my car. I instantly grabbed for my Lana del Rey CDs. Seriously, the girl can sing. She’s otherworldly, from a different era, and her songs and music videos definitely reinforce that.
What are some of your favorite things this month?
Any new discoveries? Products, books, music, anything? Tell me in a comment!
Let me know what you think of this kind of monthly post!