“I believe setting goals for yourself is extremely important. And those goals need to be S.M.A.R.T. goals. They need to be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely. Because otherwise you are setting yourself up to fail. Make those goals where you can achieve them! That’s where success comes in to play! And that’s what The Weekly Chase is all about!” – See more at: RoadRunnerGirl
Last Week’s Goals:
Run 4-5 times this week.Yep, read about last week’s training here. At least 2 days of abs.Thanks August Core Focus Challenge! Send final transcript to Rutgers!This totally helped me remember. Done and done.
- Vacuum/Steam Clean Carpets. Forgot we were house sitting someone else’s house so this didn’t happen.
- Bake the Lemon Earl Grey Bars. Again, we weren’t home.
Make popsicle treats.Used a recipe for healthy popsicle recipes from Women’s Health Magazine and adjusted it a bit. I’ll post the recipe soon. Just know that they were pretty good! Run between 28 – 30 miles. 28.10 miles Week 8 of Marathon training!
This Week’s Goals:
Run 4 – 5 times. As usual. Starting this week off on the wrong foot though. A muscle in my calf was super sore on Sunday and still pretty tight yesterday and today. I’m going to run tomorrow and see how it’s feeling. I’m pretty sure it isn’t serious, just want to be careful
- Keep going with the ab workouts. Join me in The August Core Focus Challenge, hosted by Kat from Sneakers and Fingerpaints.
- Pack! Yay! Vacation is finally here! Heading down to the usual spot, the Outer Banks, for a week on Sunday. We’re staying further down south than we usually do so I’m excited for the change in scenery.
- Go shopping for me and Trae’s share of snacks/adult beverages for the trip. Want to make sure we have plenty of healthy beach snacks and some fun new drinks to try. Just discovered the Italian aperitif Aperol. I had tasted it mixed with Moscato wine, ginger ale, and an orange slice. It was really good and refreshing, so I need to go buy all of the ingredients.
- Write some guest posts! I was matched up with my “blogging little” this week, Merrie from The Skinny Student. We will be writing a few guest posts for each other in the near future as well as helping each other learn the in’s and out’s of the blogging world. I am very excited about being matched with Merrie. So far we have hit it off very well, from our southern roots to our love of fitness and Gone with the Wind. I am looking forward to writing some posts about running for beginners, running gear, etc. for her blog. Look out for some posts on here from Merrie about cross-training workouts, recipes, and other fitness related information. Go check out Merrie’s blog and give her some love! Tell her I sent you!
- Run at least 29+ miles. Week 9 of marathon training!
What goals do you have for this week? Were last week’s goals accomplished?
Link up your goals with this week’s Weekly Chase!