I started this blog in order to track my training for both marathon and 50k; both are goals I hope to achieve in the coming six months. I have found that keeping up with posting has made me feel more accountable. It helps motivate me to push through the tough runs and the mornings I don’t want to get up for a long run. Based on the stats of my blog, I can see how many people are viewing my posts. Whether you’re actually reading the entire post is a whole different story, regardless, there are people like you who are actually reading it. So, thank you.
The fact that there are people besides my boyfriend, my family, or my friends, who will know when I’ve been slacking or if I fail to meet goals makes me more dedicated to fulfilling them. I already consider myself a motivated person, this just really intensifies it and makes the goals that much more important to reach. I have people counting on me.
With that said, here are my goals for the next 6 months of 2013… Don’t let me slip up!
- Run two more half marathons (Crawlin’ Crab Half Marathon October & TBD)
- Run at least one of the half marathons sub-2:10:00
- Run first marathon (
Outer Banks MarathonAnthem Richmond Marathon November)
- Run the Surf-n-Santa 10 miler December
- Make plans for an out-of-state race for the spring
- Run a 50k (December)
- Complete my first semester of grad school with a 3.5 or better
- Keep up with this blog and continue to post my weekly mileage/training schedule (this post in particular helps me evaluate whether I’m really pushing myself; knowing I slacked off and I have to tell the world about it is a really good way to make sure I don’t slack off the next week).
- Read 75 books by the end of the year (15 read so far since May 13, 2013)
- Go dairy-free (minus the occasional ice cream… and some cheeses)
- Start cooking at home more and trying new recipes
- Put more money away
- Start painting again (...I miss my easel)
- Be better about putting clothes away and getting laundry done in a timely manner
- Start waking up earlier, even on days that it isn’t necessary
What are your goals for the coming months? Have anything that you really want to accomplish?